Department: Research and Development
The Principal Research and Development Engineer is a highly experienced engineer focusing on all stages of the product development process from conceptual generation through to commercialisation of cutting-edge medical devices.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The role of Principal Research and Development Engineer includes but is not limited to the following responsibilities and skill sets:
- Identify and assess opportunities for device, technology & process development.
- Work from basic clinical need through opportunity assessment and device concept to prototype.
- Effectively represent Neurent Medical while interacting with physicians to distil their needs into product requirements and concepts.
- Provide leadership in technical innovation across the department.
- Identify and mitigate technological risks throughout the design process.
- Apply understanding of anatomy & physiology with engineering knowledge in materials and processes to come up with working designs.
- Play an active role in the development and management of the company’s intellectual property portfolio
- Coach, mentor and delegate work to less experienced engineers.
- Preparation for and driving the completion of market clearance applications (PMA/510k) to the FDA for new products.
- Completing work assignments under limited supervision/guidance.
- Interfacing with Design Assurance, Regulatory Affairs, Clinical Marketing, Manufacturing in a project team environment providing technical input to the team.
- Interface effectively and build relationships with team members, other staff and key technology and component suppliers, both locally and globally in a professional and courteous manner
- Availability to participate in limited travelling as required per the project phase.
- Degree level 8 in Engineering or related discipline with 8 – 15 years’ relevant experience – additional relevant qualifications may be advantageous
- Proven track record in medical device product development including innovation and project/program management, design theory, risk analysis, problem-solving skills and technical leadership
- Experience in early research aspects of product development desirable
- Intellectual property development and strategy experience is an advantage
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and design control systems desirable
- Strong communication and presentation skills to lead or facilitate effective discussions and relay technical and/or project information to key stakeholders
- Dynamic team player and leader that can work effectively and proactively collaborate on cross-functional teams
To apply for this position, please send an email with your resume attached to [email protected].