Department: Research and Development
Reporting: R&D Manager
The R&D Engineer role is an integral part of the product development team who will work on all stages of the product development process from conceptual generation through to commercialisation of cutting-edge medical devices. As a member of a growing team the R&D Engineer must be flexible and willing to carrying out tasks outside of their routine responsibilities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The role of the R&D Engineer includes but is not limited to the following responsibilities and skill sets:
- Contribute to developing products for use in minimally invasive ENT therapeutic procedures as defined/required by the business needs of the company.
- Interfacing with team members to optimise the design and safety of the product by providing technical input to the team.
- Provide novel product design and development engineering support and input to research and development projects.
- Design of concepts and prototypes in advance of selecting the most promising solution.
- Implement technologies to provide the optimum design solution.
- Plan and track elements of product development, new product introductions and technology transfers, ensuring adherence to project timelines.
- Develop and maintain product development and innovation processes and procedures incorporating industry best practices and in compliance with appropriate regulatory requirements.
- Develop state-of-the-art understanding of relevant products and processes.
- Develop product and test specifications. Perform engineering calculations and analyses.
- Proactively identify areas where process and product improvements can be made.
- Develop predictive engineering tools, techniques and approaches in order to enhance the product development process.
- Develop product and test specifications. Perform engineering calculations and analyses
- Work with internal team members to explore new technologies, assess in terms of performance, cost and reliability.
- Degree level 8 in Engineering or related discipline with 3 years+ relevant experience – additional relevant qualifications may be advantageous
- Experienced with medical device product development
- Ideally experienced designing electrical systems or devices but not essential
- Track record of creative problem solving
- Works on multiple projects in a deadline driven environment.
- Experience designing and running experiments.
- Ability to research and design new test methods and procedures.
- Collaborates and creates alignment as a team member.
- Experience with statistical techniques
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and design control systems desirable but not essential.