Department: Supply Chain/Commercial Operations
The supply chain specialist will report to the Director of Supply Chain & Commercial Operations in Neurent Medical. The role will be responsible for the end-to-end supply chain for a medical device product in the ENT market. This includes outsourced manufacturing, outsourced sterilisation and an external 3PL partner for product fulfillment to end customers. The role will include raw materials planning for supply to the contract manufacturer, production planning and co-ordination with the contract manufacturer and steriliser, purchasing & logistics management up to the point of delivery to 3PL partner, liaison with the 3PL partner and internal customer service support. Co-ordination and execution of an end-to-end S&OP process for the product. It ensures the uninterrupted supply of our products to our customers and our patients
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The role of the Supply Chain Specialist includes, but is not limited to the following responsibilities and skill sets:
- Coordination and execution of an end-to-end SI&OP process for the product
- Responsible for the effective execution of the material/product planning, purchasing and production scheduling activities and ensuring timely delivery to customers of finished products. Scope includes raw material & consumables to the contract manufacturer, finished devices from the contract manufacturer & subsequent sterilization and 3PL fulfillment to end customer. Coordination and execution of all MRP related activities
- Responsible for inbound and outbound logistics and customs clearances for raw materials and finished product
- Primary internal liaison on daily interactions with our 3PL partner for finished product warehousing, sales order management and fulfillment
- Provide internal customer service support to ensure customers get required support internally or from 3PL partner in a timely manner
- Liaison with the commercial team on customer forecasts, 3PL fulfillment activities, reporting and customer service issues.
- Establish and continuously improve supply chain business processes. Identify and execute process and product cost improvements opportunities across the supply chain
- Manage and optimize end to end inventory throughout supply chain at all internal and external locations
- Support supplier selection and supplier on-boarding process. Complete negotiations and implement supply agreements with suppliers
- Build and manage supplier relationships including managing regular supplier business reviews & scorecards. Drive ongoing supplier performance improvement, including quality, on-time delivery and inventory in line with KPIs.
- Support R&D team for planning and purchasing for new products. Support through NPI process.
- Manage any material/product supply or quality issues and/or any operational or customer escalations with the suppliers.
- Generate and manage reports and analytics to manage and improve supply chain trends and KPIs
- Degree or equivalent in a Supply Chain Management or similar business discipline
- 5+ Years Supply Chain experience in a manufacturing or distribution related industry.
- Supply chain certification preferred e.g., APICS.
- Experience with logistics management and import and export regulations
- ERP, MRP and SI&OP system experience
- Experience in Medical Device industry preferable.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal). Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedures/processes
- Ability to lead meetings (by phone, video conference and face to face) to drive results and build relationships
- Ability to work under their own initiative and manage competing priorities in a fast- paced environment
- Travel and interaction across multiple time zones will be required
To apply for this position, please send an email with your resume attached to [email protected].